Virtual Clinical Therapist Job Description
We are currently hiring for a full-time clinician (LP, LPA, LPC, LMFT, LxSW, or supervised associate) to provide psychotherapy in a virtual private practice setting. To apply, please email a cover letter, resume/CV, and two clinical references to Abigail Eck at email@example.com.
We are looking for a full-time clinician (LP, LPA, LPC, LMFT, LxSW, or supervised associate) that provides individual, couples, family, and/or group therapy in a virtual private practice setting. Point of Convergence Therapy provides virtual therapy services for a range of symptoms allowing you to determine the types of clients you see. The ideal person for this role has solid clinical skills, a drive to help others, craves furthering their education and abilities, is able to work remotely via telepsychology, and is able to function as part of a collaborative team.
Point of Convergence Therapy is a Houston-based virtual private practice. We offer therapy services to clients throughout the state of Texas using telepsychology. We are excited to expand our practice with clinicians who share our mission; We are passionate about guiding clients towards the authentic version of themselves while reducing distressing symptoms. We do this by gently and collaboratively addressing their protective layers, empowering them to seek growth, and helping them find their desired set of self-beliefs and values.
- Graduate degree (Ph.D./Psy.D., M.A./M.S.) from an APA accredited university in Clinical/Counseling Psychology or similar degree plan.
- Be properly licensed and abide by all laws, rules, regulations, and codes of ethics that are binding upon or applicable to the services performed for Point of Convergence Therapy.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal relationship skills necessary in order to relate to a wide variety of internal and external contacts including clients, families, treatment team, referral sources, other employees, colleagues, etc.
- Available to hold at least 20 client sessions per week, provided such sessions are available and referred/scheduled by Point of Convergence Therapy.
- Align with Point of Convergence Therapy’s mission, values, and culture.
Primary Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Respond to clients’ requests for service or calls within 24 hours to provide consultation or referral.
- Communicate with a client’s treatment team (i.e., PCP, psychiatrist, school, etc.) as necessary.
- Timely completion of written records for each client including, but not limited to: intake notes, progress notes, termination notes, contract notes, and other forms or documents. Keep client files accurate and up to date.
- Develop and manage treatment plans for clients.
- Charge and collect payments from clients for services provided consistent with the policy and rate for such services as established by Point of Convergence Therapy.
- Attend weekly meetings for case consultation and collaboration.
- Select and complete appropriate therapeutic interventions based on clinical knowledge base and educational background.
- Provide individual, family, couples, and group therapies based on the developmental and behavioral health needs of the client and the experience/training of the clinician.
- Provides consultation services to professionals, hospitals, organizations, schools, or agencies as needed.
- Client referrals provided
- Education on how to source your own referrals
- You choose your schedule
- You choose your rate
- Weekly clinical/collaboration meetings
- Access to professional email and Electronic Health Records (EHR) system
- APA’s Annual Unlimited CEU Membership
- Weekly direct deposit
- Clinical Director track available
Point of Convergence Therapy, PLLC
Virtual private practice based in Houston, TX
Owner: Abigail Eck, LPA
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions. We are happy to provide additional information. Contact Abigail Eck at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in the position! To apply, please email a cover letter, resume/CV, and two clinical references to Abigail Eck at email@example.com.